Niche Market Idea: How to Become a Virtual Assistant
Are you searching for a niche business and haven't found anything that really suits you?
There's a high demand for VAs with specialized skills - Most small business owners and entrepreneurs who start a business will inevitably have to handle all aspects of their business themselves. At some point, the business reaches the point where more time is spent on administration than on generating income. A VA can assist on an 'as-needed' basis to relieve this burden.
OK, now let's take a look at the benefits of becoming a Virtual Assistant:
- No rush hour commute
- No commuting costs
- Opportunity to expand your skill set
- No longer have to wear the dreaded suit everyday
- No more expensive work wardrobe to maintain
- No boss to tell you what to do
- You set your own schedule, including vacations and days off
- You can choose to earn more or less money depending on how much you are willing to work
- You can work from anywhere in the world providing you have a computer and internet connection
And in case you're wondering, fees for VA services can be as high as $50 an hour depending on the kind of work being undertaken.
Virtual Assistants vary widely in their specialties and there is certainly a VA for everyone. Some businesses even enlist the services of several different VAs for specific needs. To give you some idea of the the type of services that a Virtual Assistant can provide here's some examples :
- Customer support (email/voice/online chat)
- Calendar management
- Database management
- Web design/maintenance
- Marketing campaign research, list building and follow-up
- Sales Support
- PowerPoint presentations
- Article submissions
- Just about anything that can be done in a brick-and-mortar office
OK, So How Do You Get Started As A Virtual Assistant?
Good question. Here's the answer... Grab a copy of the books listed below (available in paperback and kindle formats).
These books are designed to teach prospective Virtual Assistants everything from how to set up their business to how to keep clients coming back for more. They will walk you through:
- The initial planning process
- Setting up shop
- Setting up your website
- Legal issues
- Setting price and payment options
And lots more...
These books are a worthwhile investment when you consider what you'll be able to make as a successful Virtual Assistant. Check them out for yourself, you'll see what I mean:
This book is your road map to success. The Become a Virtual Assistant book from Virtual Assistant Forums (the premiere online networking community for VAs) is chock full of information, direction and advice to help you become a virtual assistant - there's NO fluff in this Book.
But be aware, the book can't make you a successful virtual assistant (only YOU can do that!) - but it will help you avoid months of questioning, uncertainty, and research so you can feel confident, prepared and organized as you get down to the business of running your own virtual assistant business.
You'll also receive 35 FREE startup worksheets, sample contracts, and business documents that you can copy and reference for your own use. And as an added FREE BONUS you'll also find included a detailed list of over 100 online small business and virtual assistant industry resources you can put to work for your own business.
- Chapter 1: Introduction: Do You Have What It Takes?
- Chapter 2: Beyond Trust: Ethics = Business Success
- Chapter 3: Your Plan For Success: Business Planning
- Chapter 4: Setting Up Shop: Your Home Office
- Chapter 5: More Than A Name: Creating Your Brand
- Chapter 6: Making It Official: Choosing A Legal Structure For Your Business
- Chapter 7: Your Business Bank Account
- Chapter 8: You're Not An Employee: Independent Contractor And Small Business Taxes
- Chapter 9: Do What You Love: Determining Your Services
- Chapter 10: Crunching Numbers: Setting Your Rates
- Chapter 11: Strong Foundation: Your Business Policies And Procedures
- Chapter 12: Whay You Can't Afford To Work Without A Contract
- Chapter 13: Who Will You Partner With? Defining Your Ideal Client
- Chapter 14: Taking Aim: Defining Your Target Market
- Chapter 15: Getting Their Attention: Marketing And Networking
- Chapter 16: Your Virtual Assistant Business Website
- Chapter 17: Your Business Blog
- Chapter 18: How To Respond To Rquests For Proposal (RFPs)
- Chapter 19: The Art Of Getting Paid: Billing And Invoicing
- Chapter 20: Keeping Clients Means Keeping Clients Happy
- Chapter 21: When Things Dont Work Out: How To Fire A Client
- Chapter 22: New Skills = New Services
- Chapter 23: The Good News And The Bad News
- A Day In The Life Of A Virtual Assistant (Poem)
- BONUS Virtual Assistant A Small Business Resources List
- Documents, Worksheets and Sample Contracts:
Become A Virtual Assistant - The Virtual Assistant Forums Guide To Success - Order Your Copy Here:
Virtual Assistant - The Series: Become a Highly Successful, Sought VA leaves no stone unturned and sets the stage for starting, operating, and growing a successful and PROFITABLE virtual assistant business.
The book has been instrumental in the success of administrative and executive assistants, word processors, and other corporate professionals realizing their dreams of becoming an entrepreneur.
Along with their personal experiences, the authors also include words of wisdom, tips, and tricks from numerous industry professionals through the ever-popular "In Their Own Words" section at the end of each chapter and featured throughout the book. This will enable you to see how others are making their businesses successful and provide you with a blueprint on how to do the same with yours.
- Chapter 1: Understanding The Concept
- Chapter 2: Do You Have What It Takes?
- Chapter 3: Getting Started!
- Chapter 4: Business Planning 101
- Chapter 5: Establishing A Web Presence
- Chapter 6: Specialty Services
- Chapter 7: Operating Your Business
- Chapter 8: You're Not Alone
- Chapter 9: Some Final Thoughts
Virtual Assistant - The Series: Become a Highly Successful, Sought After VA - Order Your Copy Here:
You can also check out this video to learn what's required to be a successful Virtual Assistant:
How To Start A Successful Virtual Assistant Business
(Please Note: This video is just over 30 minutes long)
In becoming a successful Virtual Assistant your journey will have challenges, but it can definitely be worth the effort and there is plenty of room for newcomers in this rapidly growing industry if you're armed with the right approach, and that's exactly what these books will give you. Get your copy of Become A Virtual Assistant and/or Virtual Assistant - The Series now and start you journey.