Product Creation Tools
This is a consolidated list of the tools already mentioned in our Product Creation tutorials. These are tools I use all the time, they're easy to use and with some exceptions free.
- SEO Book : A free Keyword Suggestion Tool that offers some useful data for analysis.
- Word Tracker: A paid membership site that offers some of the best keyword data possible. accessed directly via their API, Keyword Research tool and Reports.
Apache OpenOffice: A free office suite, with a built in PDF coverter, compatible with other major office suites such as Microsoft Office. There are versions for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Video Tutorial: Apache OpenOffice
CutePDF Writer: Enables virtually any Windows applications (must be able to print) to convert to professional quality PDF documents with just a push of a button.
Video Demo: CutePDF Writer
CutePDF Editor: Free PDF editing program.
Adobe Acrobat: Is Paid Monthly Membership PDF creation program.
Adobe Reader: Allows you to read PDF documents.
7-Zip: Free open source, Windows, high compression ratio, software for zipping and unzipping files.
Video Demo: 7-Zip Archive File Compression And Extraction Utility
iZip: Free file compression software For Apple Mac.
WinZip: Paid file compression software For Windows.
StuffIt Xpander: Paid file compression software For Apple Mac.
Free Ebook Templates
Better Blog Images: Uses Free Photoshop Actions - Photoshop is required for for editing
ViaMaverick: You will need Adobe Photoshop or GIMP to edit these templates
GIMP Ebook Plugin: You will need latest version of GIMP for these plugins to work. Once installed they work pretty well once you get the hang of them.
Ebook Creation System
My eCover Maker: An easy to use point-and-click online tool to create ebook covers in either 2D, 3D or both.
Audio/Video Production and Editing Programs
WaveShop: A free, open-source audio editor for Windows XP/Vista/7/8 32-bit and 64-bit. The program is fast, lightweight and bit-perfect. Editing a portion of an audio file only affects that portion; the rest of the file is untouched. Features include:
- Bit-perfect: samples aren't changed needlessly
- Very fast: all processing is done in memory
- 64-bit version can edit files exceeding 4GB
- Supports most file formats including AAC/MP4, MP3, FLAC and Ogg/Vorbis
- Clipboard: Copy/Cut/Paste/Insert/Delete
- Unlimited undo
- Normalize and/or fix DC offset
- Amplify (boost/attenuate)
- Fade in/out/custom, linear or logarithmic
- Peak statistics
- RMS statistics with histogram
- Reversal and inversion
- Find clipping with detailed report
- Extract channels to mono files
- Insert/delete/swap channels
- Change audio format
- Sample rate conversion
- Generate audio w/ envelopes and modulation
- Edit surround speaker assignments
- Find zero crossing
- Multiple Document Interface (MDI)
- Multithreaded processing
- Playback via DirectSound
- Peak-hold meters with surround support
- Real-time spectrum analyzer
- Recording with no limit but disk space
- One-touch and sound-activated recording
- EQ, compression, and other effects via LADSPA plugins
CamStudio: An open source progam for Windows able to record all screen and audio activity on your computer and create industry-standard AVI video files and using its built-in SWF Producer can turn those AVIs into bandwidth-friendly Streaming Flash Videos (SWFs) . Features include:
- Record your screen and audio to AVI files
- Convert AVI into Flash
- Highlight the cursor path
- Automatically pan
- Record with sound
- Add text comments to videos
Video Tutorial: CanStudio